Saturday, January 24, 2009

More at the Block

Pictured above- The menu item titles Land Sea and Air Mixed Grill. Wild boar sausage, quail and shrimp served with asparagus. Pictured below, a terrine, which was made with beef tongue, among other ingredients, but I peeled the skin off that tongue! So Fun!

Wow, what an experience I was able to have this week here in Winchester, VA. I spent a total of three shifts at the restaurant and I really enjoyed myself. I was able to cook entrees, prep for lunch and dinner menu items, talk with both front of the house staff and kitchen staff, learn from the sous chefs and the executive chef/owner, and watch with wide eyes at the magic that comes from this kitchen. Thank you to all of the staff for your help, and thanks to Chef Ed of One Block West, I am truly grateful for your patience with me and the opportunity you allowed me to have. I will send postcards from Europe and certainly be back through in May before I return home to California. Maybe I will work another shift with you!

No comments: