Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Squolla de Italia!

I just remembered that I have yet to blog about how classes are going, which is the main reason I am here, so its about time I share the good stuff.

I start my week with Italian on Monday mornings at 9am. Its a great class, and although learning a language is difficult, my teacher is very attentive and helps to explain all of our questions. I can't wait to be fluent!

Monday afternoons, its to the kitchen! I have my baking techniques class, which gives me one more reason to visit the school gym a few times a week. This class is really fun, and its very educational. The different types of flours they have in Italy are not available in stores in the U.S., so I am learning about new textures and glutens and proteins for different types of breads. I think I can order these flours online, which will be a goal of mine when I come home.

I go to Yoga on Monday nights with a roommate, its pretty fun! We even got the guys to go this week, so that was humorous. Hopefully they will come back.

Tuesday mornings I have my management class at 9am. This class is a bit repetitive to the class I took back home, but I know its important information to help with Catering, so I will sponge up all the information I can. After that, I go to my wine class, which is great, as I am sure you expected. I am a rookie when it comes to wine, so I am learning a great deal in this class. We are taking a field trip next Friday to a winery outside of town, and it is famous for its Chianti, so I am excited!

Tuesday nights I go to pilates with a different roommate, this is a new thing for me because I had never been before I came to Italy, so its fun and a good workout at the same time!

Wednesdays is back to Italian in the morning, and then the class titled Tradition of Italian Food and Culture, otherwise known as LUNCH!! Its a great class, and very tasty as well. Today we made Risotto with white truffles, yum!

Tomorrow, or Thursdays, I have one class, Italian Creative Cuisine, at 3pm, which is great because we focus a lot on presentation and the combination of different flavors. Its very fun!

Needless to say, I truly have found my niche, and I am completly in love with school! Off to the gym, I need to work off all this eating! Ciao Bella!

No comments: