Tuesday, May 5, 2009

12 days and counting!! :)

Its been so long since I have blogged!

Its crunch time here in Florence, only 12 more days until I leave this place which has become my home, and I am having bittersweet emotions around the thought. I am so excited to come home, ready to get back into the swing of things and start making some money! I miss everyone so much, I am so happy the weather is getting nice and school is ending for everyone. I am looking forward to the beach this summer, camping and lots more fun activities. I am going to Alaska in July for 8 days because Tessa Dahlen and Danny Amos are getting married up there. I have never been to Alaska, and really looking forward to it!

But alas, leaving Italy will bring tears to my eyes. I have loved this country for the past four months, its strengths and weaknesses alike. I have learned some valuable information in school, met some of the most dearest people, and truly fell in love with traveling and seeing the world. There are so many places I want to travel, people I want to meet, things to do and see, and I really feel like being here for the past four months has really given me inspiration to do so. I would love to spend the next five years of my life working for a period of time, traveling some, and then working some more. This would be so great!

So here is my speech to those of you feeling like some change is needed in your future:

Get out there and see the world! Go somewhere you have ALWAYS wanted, and take the time to explore the wonders of this planet. Experience something new, eat food you thought you would never try, stick your head out of the Eurostar train window and let the breeze take your breath away. Swim in the many different waters, let the smooth stones on the beaches of Capri massage the bottoms of your feet. Meet new people, try and speak their language without embarrassment. Share stories about your home with others, and help someone to make their day a little brighter. Enjoy the sun setting on different cities, dance to music you have never heard before, and most of all, enjoy the differences in people, because this world is everything but black and white.

I love you all with great passion, and can't wait to be home in the redwoods. Westcliff, you are in need of my new running shoes:)

Ciao Bella

2 comments:

My name is Greg Washburn said...

i love your speech and second it with all my being!

Unknown said...

Well said my wise and enlightened Carlyn....