Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Last Night

It is Saturday morning, May 16th 2009. This is the last full day in Florence, and what emotions I am feeling. Yesterday morning, Alex went to the airport to get her parents, who have come to spend the week with her traveling before she returns to the states. Taylor went around 2pm yesterday to pick her mom up from the airport as well, who was there with the surprise of her best friend! It was an emotional day for us, the parents being the true sign that the end of this semester and the abroad experience is here.

I am all packed, hard to believe that I have fit my life from the past four months into two large black bags, and my backpack. If we can take a moment to say a prayer that my bags are under the weight limit and I don't have to pay millions to get my luggage home, that would be appreciated! I have taken the time to go through my clothes from the semester and got rid of a full trash bag. These clothes were sent to Abruzzo, where the earthquake took place a few months back. The people down there lost everything, so the chance to give back a little to this country.

Tania has spent the last week here with me, she left this morning back t Virginia, where I will actually see her tomorrow when I return to the states. We had a wonderful time together, spent a day in Venice with Alex and the two of us also went to Pisa for the day to see the tower. I think Tania was overwhelmed by the city, and she became aware of the Italian way of life. She actually managed to roam the streets a few times while I was taking finals and such, so that was great. And of course, she enjoyed some Italian Pizza, which made her very happy!

Speaking of finals, all went well! I am hoping to get my grades in the next few weeks, but the papers I received had big A's on the top, and my written finals felt strong. Practicals were fun, the students in my classes and I worked together to finish the assignment recipes on time. It was a successful semester, and I am looking forward to some more cooking when i get home!

Riverview Farms Catering is busy for the summer, and of course, always looking for more work. I am planning to get as may hours in, with catering, childcare, and anything else that comes my way, to pay off my loan from the semester and start to save for my next adventure in this world.

Off to roam the streets one last time, and of course, one last gelato before I board my 6:30am flight back to Dulles. I will be in Virginia until Wednesday afternoon, when I get on the last leg of my travels to San Fransico, landing around midnight.

Until my final destination is reached, I send you love!

Ciao Bella, Ti Amo :)

No comments: