Monday, March 16, 2009

Bologna and Ferrari

Ciao a tutti!

Saturday, Alex and I spent the day in Bologna. The Ferrari museum was awesome! There were several different models of Ferraris, including the first model ever built, cars that were raced in Formula One, and the owner of Ferraris customized car that is only in the museum for the month of March. We had a guided tour and an explanation of all the different cars that are kept on display. Only one car in the whole museum was not red, and it was a specific model witch is built as a four sweater and the paint is customized to each owner.

After the museum we got back on the bus and went into the town of Bologna to have lunch and walk around the town square. We decided to climb the tower just outside the main square, and there was a fabulous view from the top. For lunch, there was a little restaurant that we stopped in which was very tasty. I enjoyed some Bolognese sauce with pasta, which is something that the town is famous for, and then had gelato afterwards.

Back on the bus, we went to this church on the top of a hill just outside the town. It is a famous monastery, which was beautiful, and overlooked all of Bologna. Mass was being held while we were there, so I stayed inside for a very short time because I have a hard time being quite for long amounts of time. ☺

The bus ride back to Florence was a blur, I was listening to Dane Cook on my iPod with Hunter, a friend from Alabama, and both of us passed out. I was so tired from walking everywhere, and my belly was pleasantly full with pasta and wine!

Sunday, I slept until like 1pm, which felt amazing because it had been so long since I had slept for more then 4 hours at a time. When I got up, I decided to go for a run, which was a perfect choice because the weather was beautiful outside. I ran into this park that is a few blocks from the house, and there was an outside “junk sale” going on, which was interesting. Tables upon tables with people selling stuff they don’t want anymore. I love places like this, it’s so fun to see what people are trying to get rid of, and better yet, the stuff people will buy!

I got home, did some abs and legs work out and then jumped in the shower. Molly, my roommate from New Hampshire, has a cousin that just got here for the week to visit, so all of us went to a Food and Wine festival in a large convention center nearby. We tasted wines, cheeses, olive oil and balsamic vinegars, German beers, chocolates, breads and cured meats. It was very fun, and filling!

Now its down to the nitty gritty. I have midterms this week, not so much fun, but I am working hard to just get through the next few days until spring break, and then we go to Greece for a week!! And Melissa is coming on Tuesday to visit for two weeks witch will be great!

Miss you all. Ciao Bella

No comments: