Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pisa to Paris

OK, so this was quite an adventure!! My day started off, this being Wednesday, April 1st, to my alarm clock at 5am. This was set so I could get up, make a cup of coffee, and get online to skype with Nick. We were to exchange spring break adventures and catch up. It was very nice, glad that I was able to see him this time and not just talk.

After the conversation, I jumped in the shower to try and wake up for the day. I had class at 9am, Italian, which I really am enjoying, so it was a nice thing to get ready for. After class was over, I ran home, changed clothes, and headed for the gym. I was on a very tight time schedule, so it was a short workout, but something none the less. After the gym, I ran home, showered and went to my second class of the day, Tradition of Italian Food, which is an awesome class! Very tasty, too! :)

I decided to sit in on another class that I am not enrolled in, called food and wine paring, which is a subject I am interested in. The teacher who instructs this class is also my wine appreciation teacher, so it was no problem for him that I sit in on the class. Lucky for me, it was a class paring fortified wines, such as port and sherry, to chocolate! No complaints!!

I left this class early so that I would be able to run home, get my last minute things together and head for the train station. I boarded a bus, called Terra vision, that was to take me to Pisa airport. This is about an hour and fifteen minute ride, so not to bad. I am really into this new book I started, so it went by fast.

When exiting the bus, it was pouring down rain, and I dropped my itinerary in the puddle. No fun, but I have cat like reflexes, OK that's a lie, so it ended up being soaking wet. The man behind the counter laughed at me when I checked in.

I sat down to keep reading, and it was getting close to boarding time, so i gathered my belongings to stand in line. Then the flight was delayed a 1/2 hour, so I sat back down and impatiently waited, really wanting to just get there. I was starving, and there was nothing in the airport to eat, so my patience was running a bit low. I found a vending machine, and ate some corn chips. This was dinner.

It was finally time to board the plane, so I got back up to wait in line, this time for like 20 minutes before we actually started moving outside, across the tar mat, and onto the plane. I was ready to pass out at this time, my energy from 5am was pretty much gone.

On the flight, I sat next to a woman whose name was Natasha, and we spend the tail end of the flight talking. She is a bathing suit designer, so we had something in common right away, since i swim, and she travels to Florence often to work. We got on the subject of work, I talked about catering, and my love for food, she shared that she lives in Paris and has a daughter who is one. Before she had mentioned children, I told her that I had looked into being a nanny abroad sometime in my life, and she offered me a job, like right there on the plane. haha. She wants someone to live with them in Paris, she has a seperate living space in her apartment for a nanny to live, and they also take vacations and travel so also someone to go when the family leaves. It is so unbelievably tempting to tell her I will do it, but I have to many other obligations at the moment, so I need to get some things in order. But it was pretty neat to talk to her!

After the flight landed, I scrambled to find my pack that was under the plane because it was too big to carry on, and went on the search for the bus. Greg gave me great directions to his apartment, but I was so tired, STARVING, and don't speak a lick of french, so it was a bit of a nightmare. If my flight had not been late, it would have been better, cause there was one last bus leaving the airport, which i ran too, then got on the metro, in the wrong direction, got off, had to buy another ticket, etc etc. Then, I roamed Greg's street for way way to long trying to find his apartment, and when I finally got here, I was so tired I could hardly stand!

What an adventure! Glad to be here in Paris, and am looking forward to the weekend!

Au Revoir!

(Ciao Bella)

No comments: